Just did an upgrade from 2.I-forget to 2.7.1. Oh Brave New World, etc. Please pardon the more-than-usual disarray here as I work on the site over the next few days, weeks, months….
EDIT: I should be less cryptic. It was a huge upgrade that actually went very smoothly aside from my kludgey header image set-up, one that I put together way back in the day and never really coded properly (it seems). Now I’m in a widget-ready theme and building back all the little affordances on the sidebar–nice. I’ve just got to get “really real” with a few of the innards, which means a little time skating up the learning curve again. Not a big deal, just a small pain, and one of my own (un)making.